Thursday, July 12, 2012

Choices

Exactly a year ago, I spent the entire summer wondering how I would survive teaching Kindergarten.  I swear, if you can teach Kindergarten, you can do anything!  I have seriously earned my gold star.  I'm actually quite thankful to a certain principal who told me he thought I would be a perfect K teacher.  At the time I felt like telling him he was nuts, but he was right.  I'm so glad this summer I'm not freaking out and wasting my vacation time!

I have become obsessed with scouring the Internet {Pinterest!} for fun, fresh ideas for Kindergarten.  I actually think I've seen too many ideas, because I'm starting to feel overwhelmed!  So I decided a great place to start would be with classroom theme and organization.  I think I've decided on owls, although I'm still debating monkeys.  Anyway...I love, love, love totes and buckets to organize things.  Organization makes me happy and certainly less stressed.  I wish I had an expendable income.  Those buckets can add up quickly!  I bought a few totes/organizers at the Target dollar spot last summer.  I'd like to buy a bunch and organize my library books.  It is going to be a lot. of. work.  But worth it if it's as awesome as I think it's going to be.  Here are some of my Pinterest "pinspirations":

Option 1 - Organize by first letter of books

Option 2 - Organize by subject matter


Another Option - I like the clear bins in this pic


I love these labels!  They are super adorable.  I am thinking I can create my own similar ones to suit my needs.  But then I think...$4 would save me a lot of time.  LOL  Love those little stick students clip art.


How do you organize your classroom books??  Leave a comment or link up if you'd like to share how you organize the chaos books can become.

0 comments:

Post a Comment